Database We Can Believe In26 Apr 2009
Stories from the Front Lines and Server Rooms of Barack Obama's Online Presidential Campaign
MySQLConf 09: Database We Can Believe In
* 4300 Site hits per second
* 13 Million e-mail list subscribers.
* 5+ Tb to backup... and only 24 hours in a day.
* Running analytics.
* Locking, locking and more locking.
* Converting tables to InnoDB but still using MyISAM when necessary.
* Using inverse SQL queries to reduce query time.
* Processing "pipelines" to more easily digest and represent data.